The yummy delicious Yogurt is not only good for your gut, but also for your skin. Whether it is Greek or regular kind, Yogurt is full of nutrients that can work miracles on your skin, if used in a right way. And Guess what? Yogurt face masks are very natural and easy to prepare at home with just few ingredients from your kitchen closet.
Based on the studies conducted in early 90s, it is shown that both internal and external application of yogurt has significant effect on skin health. In precis, the good bacteria in yogurt helps enhancing anti-aging process and also cures chronic skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and also rosacea.
Want to know more about it? Keep reading the article…
Nutrients on Yogurt that helps rejuvenate your skin
The wonderful Nutrients present in the yogurt are the reasons, why yogurt face mask can give you a glowing, smooth and youthful skin. Above all, the nutrients in the yogurt are very delicate and skin-friendly which makes it so effective.
Below is a list of Nutrients in yogurt that helps revitalize ,thus, makes your skin look nourished and healthy.
In 100 g of yogurt, there is approximately 1 mg of zinc, which contains
- anti-inflammatory properties, helps in facilitating cell reproduction and tissue growth.
- Also helps in regulating sebum, thereby curing acne and pimples.
- Healthy and effortless skin renewal.
- prevents the skin from getting dry and dehydrated.
3. B Vitamins:
Yogurt is replete in vitamins B2, B5 and B12. One single cup of yogurt offers you 20 to 30 percent of your daily recommended amount of riboflavin. Here is a list what vitamin B can do,
- Glowing and healthy skin.
- Helps keep the skin hydrated, protects the skin cells from the damage caused by free radicals
- aids in cellular regeneration and growth One single cup of yogurt offers you 20 to 30 percent of your daily recommended amount of riboflavin.
4. Lactic Acid:
This is one of the main nutrients in yogurt, and it also forms one of the key ingredients in several skincare products. Lactic acid is,
- a great exfoliant and skin moisturizer.
- works as an anti-aging agent by reducing the visibility of wrinkles and preventing new wrinkles and fine lines from forming.
So, now we know all about the different nutrients and its benefits present in yogurt for skin health. Let’s take a quick look into the list of Top benefits of using Yogurt face mask.
- Moisturized and Hydrating skin
- Brighter skin tone
- Compress large pores
- Works as an natural exfoliator
- Enhances blemish-free and flawless skin
- Say good-bye to under eye dark circles
- Wrinkle-free skin
- Prevents skin from aging and gives a youthful skin.
- Soothes sunburn
- Combat any fungal infections
Few Ingredients you can combine with yogurt for skin
Choose the wise one! Pick a plain yogurt for your face pack. Flavored yogurt may cause irritation and may aggregate pimples or rashes. Yogurt can be applied directly or in addition, you may add-on few skin-friendly natural ingredients to your yogurt face-pack to enhance its effect. Here is a list of ingredients you can use it as a add-on to get youthful and glowing skin.
Strawberry – If you have dry or dull skin and you want to enhance the skin texture to get hydrated, moisturized and smooth skin, Add-on few tsp. pure strawberry juice (homemade) to yogurt & apply on face for 10 to 15 mins. Strawberries are rich in malic acid, which helps in skin whitening and is also rich in antioxidants thereby reducing ageing and also in rejuvenating skin. This is the best fruit for dry skin.
2. Lemon – This is one of the great add-ons to Yogurt, if you have oily or combination or acne-prone skin. Simple mix few drops of lemon juice to yogurt and apply on face for 10 mins. Citric acid in lemon helps clear clogged pores and exfoliate your skin. It also enhances your skin tone & makes it brighter.
3. Honey – A natures delightful gift to your skin. Honey locks moisture in your skin and prevents from getting dry. Honey is loaded with anti-bacterial properties which also helps fight pimple and acne and makes your skin supple.
When waiting for the yogurt mask to dry, ensure that you don’t smile, talk, or move your face muscles. You don’t want to stretch your skin as the yogurt is making it taut—doing so may actually form wrinkles on your face!
How to Prepare Homemade Natural Yogurt Face-mask for skin?
There are different yogurt face-mask for different skin types and issues. Here are few natural face-mask for each skin troubles.
1. For Dry skin :
This Face pack is hydrating and moisturizing that makes it perfect for the people with dry and dull skin. It makes your skin supple leaving it smooth and nourishing.
- 2 tbsp. full-fat plain yogurt
- 1 finely mashed-avocado
- 1tsp. honey.
Blend all the ingredients together to form a smooth paste and apply on your clean face for 15 – 20 minutes. Wash-off with lukewarm water.
2. For glowing and bright skin :
Make Glowing and Radiant skin yours with this amazing and simple natural yogurt mask.
- 2 tbsp. full-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. Honey
- t tsp. Orange zest
Put all ingredients together to form a smooth paste, let it stand for for 15 – 20 minutes before washing-off.
3. For Blemished and acne-prone skin :
If you’re prone to acne/Oily skin and to remove clogged pores, then this mask is perfect choice for your skin. Get a spotless and moisturized skin with this yogurt face mask.
- 2 tsp. full-fat plain Yogurt
- Few drops of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder.
Combine the ingredients well together to form a smooth paste & apply on face for 15 – 20 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water.
4. For tired, Dull skin :
With hectic working hours and pollution outside makes your skin look dull and tired. Fetch your skin back to glowing and smooth with this face-pack.
- 2 tsp. Full-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Honey
Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth paste & apply on your clean face for 15 – 20 minutes. Most importantly don’t forget to apply your favorite moisturizer after face-wash.
5. To shrunken larger pores
To shrunken and tighten your pores , go with the following ingredients.
- 1 tsp. full-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. tomato juice
Merge together to form a smooth paste and apply on your clean face for 15 – 20 minutes. Wash-off with lukewarm water. Follow with your favorite moisturizer.
How often should I use yogurt face-mask?
There is no disagree to the significant of yogurt face-mask. Moreover, it doesn’t cause any side effects and in addition your skin becomes smooth, moisturized and above all it gives you a healthy glowing skin. Similarly, it is also important to know how often your skin needs this healthy face-mask. Below is the frequency to use face-mask for different skin types.
You can use it everyday for desired results.
Dry / Dull skin
Use it every alternate days or at least twice a week to get moisturized and nourished skin
To get brighter and glowing skin
Apply the face-mask twice a week to enhance brighter and radiant skin tone.
Things to Remember
Yogurt face-mask is great for all skin types, but there are few precautions you should take before using it.
- If you have sensitive skin or ultra-sensitive skin, do patch test before using his face-mask. People with sensitive skin may experience, slight tinging or burning sensation.
- Similarly, if you are allergic to dairy products, alpha- and/or beta- hydroxyl acid, woefully, you wont be able to use this incredible mask and enjoy its amazing benefits.
- While buying yogurt, make sure you buy full-fat plain yogurt produced organically, to ensure your skin gets all the moisturization and nourishment it deserves.
I had an alarm, I had a dull and dry skin, I had a yogurt. What more could anyone want? Enjoy the whole benefits of yogurt and get nourished glowing skin!