WHAT IS ECZEMA?
Eczema also known as atopic dermatitis, is a condition that makes your skin very dry, inflamed, scaly and itchy. It is a condition that has no permanent cure but it can be controlled using simple natural Ingredients. We have listed, a few effective home remedies using the ingredients available in your kitchen closet.
Types of ECZEMA
- Atopic Dermatitis: Exact cause for this condition is unknown, but it may occur due to stress, dry skin & infection. This may commonly occur on children, but can also occur at any age.
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis: It might cause due to direct contact with the allergen ingredients/products with your skin that includes cosmetics, soaps, fragrances, jewelry and plants.
- Irritant Dermatitis: Over-exposure to water, chemical detergents and solvents are the main causes for this type of condition to occur on your skin.
- Scabies: This is an irritant that is caused due to skin to skin contact. Therefore causing redness and itchiness to the skin.
- Stasis Dermatitis: Inflammatory condition appears in lower legs due to poor blood flow in legs.
- Nummular Eczema: Kind of chronic condition that causes coin-shaped spots to develop on the skin. These spots are often itchy and well-defined.
- Lichen Simplex Chronicus: A condition that arises on normal skin on individuals on the areas affected with Eczema resulting in repeated rubbing, itching, scratching of skin continuously.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis: Scaly, red and itchy patches might occur on your skin especially on ears, brows, chest and back if your are affected by this condition.
- Dyshidrotic Eczema: Seasonally occurred condition that affects the soles of your foot or on your palms. This may occur seasonally or due to stress.
- XeroticEczema: Xerotic Eczema arise on your skin more often during winter season therefore leaving your skin more dry, itchy, cracked & reddish.
CAUSES OF ECZEMA
There are different causes that may end up causing this condition.
- Climatic Conditions (Winter condition, dry season).
- Skin irritants and allergens.
- Due to lack of moisture in the skin.
- Because of Food items such as nuts and diary.
Symptoms OF ECZEMA
- Red patches
- Irritation on skin
- Continual Itching and burning on the skin
- Cracked skin
- Scaly skin
- Swelling in affected areas
DIY NATURAL HOME REMEDIES FOR ECZEMA
Oatmeal and Honey
Oatmeal has numerous natural skin benefits in moisturizing and cleansing the skin and Honey is a natural moisturizer and also encourages exfoliation which helps in keeping the skin moisturized and healthy glowing skin. This mixture can help in reducing the causes of ECZEMA.
Mix 2 tsp. of oatmeal and 1 tsp. of honey in a clean container. You can also add few drops of water to get a paste consistency. Rub this mixture on the affected area for 5 mins and leave it on your skin for 10 mins and wash-off with Luke-warm water.
Coconut oil/Olive oil
These naturally available oil is rich in antioxidants and antibacterial properties which helps in keeping your skin healthy and glowing. Natural oils can treat dry skin and reduce the itchiness and dry patches on the skin.
Take a few drops of your favorite oil and massage on your skin either few minutes before shower or you can also apply on your skin during bed-time as a natural night time moisturizer.
Yogurt and honey
Yogurt is rich in lactic acid and it is natural anti-inflammatory, which acts as an exfoliating agent and nourishes the skin and adding Honey with this mixture encourages exfoliation and also works as a natural moisturizing agent which helps in keeping the skin moisturized and healthy glowing skin.
Combine 2 tsp. of yogurt and 1 tsp. of honey in a clean container. Massage this mixture on the affected area for 5-10 mins and leave it on your skin for 5 mins and wash-off with Luke-warm water.
Green tea is not only helping in losing weight but also has number of benefits for skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties that helps in fighting ECZEMA. Drinking this regularly reduces the itching and pain on the affected area.