Seven beauty benefits of Rice water for skin and hair
A leftover starch water after you soak or cook rice – a most popular Asian treatment to treat various skin and hair issues. More popularly this leftover Rice water benefits & gains more attention commercially, most soaps, shampoos, body lotions, creams and toners contains rice water.
Rice water and its benefits :
Rice water contains vitamins and amino acids which helps as a skin lightening agent, tightens open pores, promotes cell growth, stimulates blood flow and boosts skin glow and soothes your skin.
Additionally, it also contains anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which is essential for gorgeous skin and graceful hair. This most popular ancient days remedy is most easiest and inexpensive ways to repair your skin and hair naturally at home.
Get to know the Top Benefits of Rice water:
- Treats acne and pigmentation on skin.
- Relieves dermatitis.
- Acts as an natural anti-aging ingredient.
- Natural hair conditioner.
- Treats hair damage and makes hair grow healthy.
- Revitalize skin and keeps it smooth and glowing.
How to prepare Rice water?
This inexpensive water can be prepared in different ways. Type of rice water you use doesn’t matter.
- Soaking water – To make this rice water, Soak rice in water for 30 to 45 mins and then stain the rice water in a container. Finally, refrigerate the rice water overnight to 24hours.
- Fermented water– Preparing this fermented water is not a big process, just simply follow the above steps. But instead of refrigerating, soak the rice in water for 24 hours or at-least overnight and leave it on room temperature.
Note – Dilute the fermented water before applying.
- Boiling water– Preparing this boiled rice water or leftover starch water is little different from above two process. For this, you need to rinse the water completely and boil the water. Remove from heat and stain the boiled rice water. Dilute with plain water before using.
How to use rice water to skin and hair?
Presenting you the top seven rice water remedies to treat different skin & hair issues and sooth your body.
1.Facial Cleanser and Toner
Rice water acts as an natural toning agent. Store the rice water in a spray bottle. After washing your face, spray the rice water Or simply, dip the cotton pad in the rice water and apply on face. Massage your face for 2 -3 mins gently and then let it air dry.
Rice water helps to remove excess dirt and oil from your face after washing. Using it regularly, helps get soothe, soft and radiant skin, making your skin smooth and bright.
2. Body Scrub
Rice water mixed with sea salt acts as an natural exfoliating agent. Rub it on your body and gently massage for 3 to 5 mins and then wash-off.
Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a week to get smooth, supple and even skin tone.
3. Body Gel
Mix few drops of rice water with aloe Vera gel and store it on refrigerator. Apply this gel cools and soothes sun burns and damage on your skin.
Applying this gel in the night-time after your busy day is very beneficial in cooling your skin and helps remove tan from your skin. You can also apply this in the day-time,this improves protection from sun ray’s.
4. Treating acne and pigmentation
Combine 1 tsp. Sandalwood powder, 1/2 tsp. Turmeric and 2 tsp. Rose water. This basic age-old face mask helps remove acne and pigmentation from your skin.
Repeat this 2-3 times a week for spotless and glowing skin. Follow with moisturizer.
5. Hair cleanser
This is achieved by combining over-night soaked Soap-nut water with rice water. Additionally, you can also add few drops of aloe-gel to it.
Apply this mixture to your hair scalp and roots and let it sit for 10 minutes and wash-off with Luke-warm water.
Rice water helps improve hair elasticity and decreases hair tangles. Rice water acts as an natural conditioning agent. It also helps balance pH level of your scalp.
Dilute the rice water if it is boiled or fermented water. Rinse your hair and then apply the rice water to your hair and allow it to sit for 5 to 10 mins. Wash your hair with plain water.
7. Bath Soak
This is the best natural bath soak to toss into your tub for relaxing body soak. Sprinkle some 1/2 cup oatmeal and 2 cups of rice water into the tub for a relaxing and soothing body.